International "Short Film" competition welcoming creative filmmakers and screenwriters from around the world to compete.
For the first time ever, the Bedford International Film Fest (BiFF) will be held at the Tower Hotel in Oklahoma City, OK. The ceremony will be in conjunction with the 2017 Photography Convention. The 5 Final Short Films will be on display and the Grand Prize will be chosen by a select set of judges. The Grand Prize will include a Sony A7S II Body, a Sony SEL 35mm Lens, a Complete Rode Microphone Set including the NTG4+ Shotgun Mic, Shotgun Shock Mount SM3, and Rode Boom Pole, Gitzo GK2545T-82Qd Tripod and Head.
PRIZE PACKAGE TOTAL RETAIL VALUE OVER $5000.00
Videographers and script writers are encouraged to submit their ideas on multiple formats and can choose from any genre. The Finalists will be announced in early 2017 and will be invited to a ceremony in Oklahoma City March 18, 2017. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a prize package (generously donated) by Sony, Rode and Manfrotto. Anybody and an idea can be a great film maker.
1. All Entries must be original submissions from the Entrant.
2. All Entries must have a PG or G rating based on Guidelines from the MPAA.
3. All Scripts, Screenplays, Story Boards and Video Interviews must be in English.
3. Name on script or Story Board will not automatically disqualify the entrant, but is discouraged.
4. Bedford Camera and Video employees and relatives of employees are not permitted to enter.
5. The Final 5 Entrants will be notified no later than Saturday, January 21, 2017 11:59pm CST. They will then be required to commit 96 hours to turn their idea (script) into a short film no shorter than 4 minutes and no longer than ten minutes. Each of the five finalists will be loaned Sony A7S II cameras and lenses which they will sign a waiver of responsibility for, before receiving. Items will be shipped UPS (signature required) and must be returned by UPS within 96 hours of signing for said equipment. Final submission must show “Behind the scenes” footage and will be required to use prop that will be sent with loaner camera.
6. If script and/or short film requires several people’s involvement, it is up to the entrants to disseminate Grand Prize. Bedford Camera wills not assume any responsibility for Prize dissemination.
7. Entries will be randomly assigned to one of 4 judges. Each judge will rate each entry by specific criteria including (but not necessarily limited to):
· Content –Script (StoryBoard) structure/Creativity/Coherence
· Technical Excellence – Visual Creativity/Soundtrack/Effects/Editing
· Emotional Resonance – Enjoyment of film/Meaningfulness/Emotional Attachment
8. Bedford Camera and Video reserves the right to change any and all rules as it sees fit.
9. Once an entry has been uploaded to biff.com, Bedford Camera and Video along with its partners Sony, Rode and Manfrotto have the right to use the entry as they deem necessary. The entry will most likely be used as promotional materials on any number of social media sites and/or corporate websites and will be on display at the Awards Ceremony March 18, 2017.